LGBT History Month gets underway in February, and we're getting the party started early! This fortnight, co-hosts Jane Bradley and Paul Forster share some of their favourite books by LGBTQIA+ authors, including...
- If They Come in the Morning (1971) and Angela Davis: An Autobiography (1974) by Angela Davis
- Redefining Realness (2014) by Janet Mock
- Low Red Moon (2003) by Caitlin R. Kiernan
- Man Enough to Be a Woman (1995) by Jayne County
- Exquisite Corpse (1996) by Poppy Z. Brite
- Tranny (2016) by Laura Jane Grace
(Although our main remit is writing by women, in 2017 and beyond we intend to expand our focus to include more writers who identify as trans, genderqueer, genderfluid and/or non-binary. That's why we've continued to discuss and include work by Billy Martin written under the name and identity of Poppy Z. Brite.)